Tuesday 14 June 2022

Web Site

Link is at the bottom. 

Don't forget to leave a review

It has taken me a while to set up a web site MAPublisher, up until now I have been using Facebook mainly & this blog site.

As a self publisher there was so many aspects that were holding me back.  Anyone who has had a run on the self employment/entrepreneurial  run will know how challenging it is with money and time.

Getting into business is like and octopus, with 8 tentacles and hundreds of suckers.

I was extremely busy and the brain working 24/7, it was difficult to facture in doing the website also, but being aware of what the business rate is to get someone to design it for you is minimum £250.00, if you are lucky, and then the add-ons.


Designing the site

You have to find the designer, there are many places you can, google them is the basic.

Then their cost and the requirements and then you have to supply the full content of the site,

Once the site is done you have to get them to update it, this is will incur further on-going cost.

Hosting

You have to find a host company that will keep your site up for you, either a one of fee for the year and then renewal fee which will have gone up.


Buying the name

You have to buy your own name.

Search on-line and see who is cheaper, there are sites but you have to find a site who is really competitive.

You then decide to purchase the name for a long period of time, 5, 10 year or longer.


Renewal

All this is great, but when it comes to renewal, these companies got you by the balls [so to speak], the renewal prices are whatever they want to charge, and you can't anything but pay or drop the site.


Can do

Now, you are software savvy and can use the on-line designing sites such as wixs and wordpress, if you don't but you are savvy then you have to learn and do-it-yourself.  However, what stopped you in the first place was all of the above and others.


What I needed.

Now, for me I wanted most of the above to be taken care of, I don't want to worry about someone designing my website,

  • I didn't want to worry about the hosting,
  • I didn't want to worry about buying my name,
  • I didn't want to worry how I was going update my site
  • I didn't want to worry who was going to design and update my site
  • I didn't want to worry about renewal fees
  • I wanted someone to lend me hand like I do with Writer's Champion.


And I have found the philanthropical person and company.  When this advert came to me, it seemed too good to be true, it took me few days to process the information.  I visited the site and did my due diligence.  After the information sunk in, all that was going through my mind was that this was a "no brainer," this is what I wanted.


For a flat fee, less then a hundred pounds, they will design my website and host it for life! Life!!

At the same time, I got a quote for a website design, £800.00.


This too away all the noise in my mind about a website, I paid up and registered.  They asked me about the website and the information I wanted, asked me to answer the questions and also supply and upload images. They gave me a timeframe few days and when the time came it went live. 


It was awesome, I had a live website, the first site was www.pennyauthors.org.uk and then the second one few months later was www.mapublisher.org.uk.


I had an option to promote the site with their url on it or supply them my own website/domain name.  which I did.

If you want to know more or want them to do your website then click my recommendation.


Keeping it simple, it worked for me and I'm passing on the deed.


If you like our service and style and you want our support to publish your book then you are an email away.  







 



No comments:

Post a Comment